Code of Conduct
The Arkansas Children's Hospital Code of Conduct applies to all who perform services on the ACH campus.
To the best of our ability:
1. We are committed to the ethical treatment of those to whom we have an obligation.
This includes employees, patients and their families, our community, payors, professional staff, donors, vendors and volunteers.
2. We obey the law.
We report any suspected wrongdoing to the appropriate authority and cooperate with investigations.
3. We work safely.
We practice universal precautions and are committed to a drug free workplace.
4. We promote a positive work environment.
Harassment or discrimination of any kind, especially involving race, sexual orientation, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, will not be tolerated. Behavior that intimidates others, affects morale or staff turnover, undermines a culture of safety, and can be harmful to patient care will not be tolerated. Disruptive or inappropriate behavior is a style of interaction that interferes with patient care or disrupts the work place. Disruptive and inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. ["Disruptive Behavior" may involve, but is not limited to, tirades, abusive treatment, yelling, throwing items, physical attacks, personal verbal attacks, threatening to get someone fired, outbursts of anger, shaming or belittling others, threats of violence or retribution, public derogatory comments about the quality of care provided by others.]
5. We safeguard the privacy rights of our patients, their families, and employees.
It is the responsibility of each ACH employee to maintain confidentiality and to not disclose confidential patient or employee information.
6. We use our Organization's assets wisely.
The community has entrusted assets to us to be used for children's health. We safeguard, invest, and use these assets to achieve the mission of ACH.
7. We keep accurate and complete records.
Our records meet the required documentation standards.
8. We avoid conflicts of interest.
We avoid taking part in any decision where we have a self-interest in the outcome or where it may appear that we have a personal interest.
9. No illegal gifts, favors or kickbacks are given or received.
We follow laws, rules, regulations, and our policies on acceptable gifts, solicitation, and discounts.
10. We make use of the reporting systems when we observe or suspect that this Code is not being honored.
Reports can be made directly to the Compliance Office or the telephone Hotline. (877-384-4275)
11. We follow through on all compliance complaints.
All complaints are investigated. In the event a violation of the Code of Conduct is confirmed by the investigation, corrective action will be taken in accordance with the appropriate ACH policies and procedures.
12. We abide by and comply with all of the policies/procedures/regulations/rules of the hospital.It is the responsibility of each ACH employee to know and abide by the policies, procedures, regulations, and rules that apply to them and the area in which they work.