Arkansas Children's Hospital Careers About Arkansas Children's Hospital Contact Us News
Patients and Families Healthcare Professionals Supporters
Published Date: May 02, 2014

Health Tip: Batteries May Be Dangerous for Kids

(HealthDay News) -- Batteries may look tempting to young children, and are hazardous if swallowed.

The Safe Kids Worldwide website offers these suggestions to help protect kids from batteries:

  • Make sure all devices containing lithium batteries (including remotes, hearing aids, calculators, thermometers and musical greeting cards) are out of a child's sight and reach.

  • Place a piece of tape over the battery compartment to make it more difficult for children to get to the batteries.

  • Store any extra batteries out of children's reach.

  • Make sure babysitters and family members are aware of the dangers of batteries.

  • Immediately take your child to a hospital if you suspect that a battery has been swallowed.


Last Review Date: 01/01/0001
Copyright ©2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Doctors
Health Info
Services
Events
Videos
CareHub
Research
Donate Now
Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch our videos on YouTube