DAISY Teamwork Award
New annual award from the DAISY Foundation designed to honor collaboration by two or more people, led by a nurse, who meet patient or family needs and reach quality outcomes by going above and beyond.
Criteria for Selection:
- Be comprised of 2 or more individuals, led by a nurse
- Exemplify ACH Behavior and Service Standards
- Role model teamwork that make a difference in the lives of patient, families, employees, the community
- Demonstrate commitment to quality outcomes
Examples of extraordinary collaborations honored with the DAISY Team Award:
- An ED team dealing with multiple accident victims
- A fund organized to provide haircuts to patients who will lose their hair during treatment. Then donating the hair to an organization who put the hair to good use.
- A process for creating mementos of patients to be given to family members
- A "Prom" organized for a patient who is unable to go to her/his own