Arkansas Children’s Hospital embraces the philosophy of family-centered care. Patients’ parents (or legal guardians) are not considered "visitors" since they play an important role in the total care of a patient. Therefore, unless medical care prohibits, parents are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to see their child at any time
- The right to call the unit at any time
- The right to know their child’s condition
- The right to touch and hold their child
- The right to give their child care
Visiting hours for persons other than parents/guardians and clergy are 9 AM - 9 PM. Children are welcome to visit, unless a physician order indicates otherwise. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. No more than two people (excluding parents and children under 12) are allowed with each patient in his/her room or at bedside.
NOTE: During influenza season ACH will implement restricted visitor guidelines to reduce the spread of illness. Children under the age of 16 may not visit on floors 3, 4 and 5.
Safety is our top priority. During influenza season or a pandemic situation, ACH may implement restricted visitor guidelines to help reduce the spread of illness.
All visitors must be healthy – free from fever, cough or colds, or stomach virus symptoms.
- Parents, guardians and caregivers are not considered visitors.
- Visitors will be screened prior to visiting patient by patient care personnel.
- No more than two visitors will be in patient room at any time. Nursing Units reserve the right to further restrict visitors to rooms.
- Children under 18 (unless parent) may not visit.
- If both parents (with siblings) are present, one parent will wait in the lobby with other siblings.
- Hospital tours are permitted if visitors pass the health screening.
- Use of Playroom and Activity Rooms are acceptable.
- Families and visitors may use the ACH cafeteria.
- All Junior Volunteer activities in patient care areas are postponed.