Family Advisory Board
Parents Serving Families: Impacting Day to Day Hospital Activities and Practices
Download in PDF format
At Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH), our goal is to provide patient and family-centered care. One of the best ways to do this is by listening to what our patients and their families have to say.
That's why we have the Family Advisory Board (FAB). The FAB consists of parents of ACH patients from all parts of Arkansas. Key hospital leadership also participate on the Board in an advisory capacity. The FAB serves as an advisory resource committee to ACH Administration and provides guidance on issues related to patient and family centered care.
Some of the goals of the FAB are:
- To offer ideas and suggestions regarding policy and practice that effect family-centered care
- To review recommendations and concerns referred to the board by parents, staff, physicians or administration
- To serve in an educational role, as needed or requested, regarding patient/family perceptions of care and services
- To assist in promoting good relations between ACH and the members of the community
We want to hear your ideas and suggestions. There are several ways you can be heard.
- Call the Social Work office at 364-1406 if you would like to attend a FAB meeting or if you have any questions.
FAB Activities and Accomplishments:
The Family Advisory Board has provided input regarding several initiatives at ACH such as:
- Patient Safety
- Parent Handbook
- Staff Education
- Representation on Hospital Committees
- Monthly Parent Dinner
- Family Bathrooms
- Website Redesign
- Family-Centered Care
- Facilities Design
- Patient Care Initiatives
- Parent Education Materials
- Handicap Parking
For more information, contact one of the hospital Patient and Family Representatives, 364-1198, who can put you in touch with one of the FAB parent members.