Car Seat Selection Tips
The following tips will help you choose the best child safety seat for your child.
- Do your research! There are lots of seats to choose from!
- Look for seats with multiple harness slots in the back of the seat. Ideally more than 2. This allows a more versatile fit for your child.
- If possible, install the child safety seat in your vehicle before buying to make sure that it fits well in the back seat of your vehicle. This is especially true for rear facing seats. If this is not possible, check with the store concerning their return policy in case the seat does not fit in your vehicle.
- Look for infant seats with adjustable bases. This helps with adjusting the seat’s recline in the vehicle.
- Look for infants seats with a front adjustment for tightening and loosening the harness straps.
- Look for features that make it easier for YOU to install the seat consistently and correctly each time. What may be right for one person may not necessarily be right for you.