Our patients have fun on the road to recovery.
What Makes the ACH Heart Center Different
Dedication. Innovation. For Your Child's Heart Care.
In all, more than 200 doctors, nurses, therapists and staff are dedicated exclusively to offering congenital heart disease support and treatment. The Heart Center at Arkansas Children's Hospital is a full service heart hospital, offering pediatric and adult congenital heart disease which includes:
- 15 ICU beds and 16 telemetry beds, staffed by 127 specially-trained pediatric cardiac nurses
- 17 pediatric cardiologists, four intensivists, 12 advanced practice nurses
- 24/7 in-house coverage by staff pediatric cardiac intensivists supported by two pediatric cardiac surgeons and six pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists
- Two cardiovascular operating rooms and two state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization laboratories
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit for all pre-op and post-op intensive care of heart patients
- Ventricular assists device and mobile ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- A support team specially trained for pediatric cardiac care, including respiratory therapy, pain management, child life and education, social work, pharmacy and nutrition.
ACH Main Hospital, West Wing, 4th Floor
Medical Director, CVICU
Parthak Prodhan, MBBS