On this page you will find an abundance of resources to help you and your family make healthy choices about eating and how to eat well on a budget. There are helpful tips for grocery shopping, lowering sugar in your family’s diet, and ways to make a healthy lifestyle part of every member of your family’s life. When parents serve as healthy role models, kids will follow and develop an understanding of what it means to eat and live healthily that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
Click on the links below to find even more available resources to help your family get on the path to healthier living.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - 28 Days to a Healthier Heart
- USDA: ChooseMyPlate.Gov - Tons of tips, sample menus, etc. for all members of your family.
- Nourish Interactive - Information, resources, and activities for parents, teachers, and kids.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Eatright.org - National Nutrition Month Handouts and Tip Sheets
- Nutrition for Kids - Links and Activities Just for Kids
- Sesame Street - Food for Thought - Eating Well on a Budget (Resource Packet)
- Sesame Street: Child Friendly Recipes
- Sesame Street: Healthy Eating - videos, printables, and games to encourage healthy eating
- WebMD: Raising Fit Kids - Healthy Nutrition Exercise, and Weight
- PBS Kids: Healthy Kids - recipes, tips, games, and activities to encourage kids to eat healthy for life