About the Medical Library
In order to enhance, sustain, and restore health and development of children, the ACH Library is committed to providing high quality, cost effective, fully accessible services to the health care providers and families of Arkansas Children.
Mailing address: Library, Arkansas Children's Hospital, Slot 833, 1 Children's Way, Little Rock, AR 72202
Location: Physically located in the Roy & Christine Sturgis Building, Educational Corridor, First floor, Room 126.
Access: library is open to all ACH, UAMS faculty, staff and patients/families. After hour access is available to physicians and residents with coded ID badge.
Medical Library Reference and General Information
Phone: (501) 364-1801
Fax: (501) 364-3479
Open Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and holidays (New Year, Memorial day, Independence day, Labor day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas day).
Louise L. Montgomery, MLS, UAMS Education Librarian and ACH Liaison, 501-686-6748
Library Services Policy
1. Medical collections circulate among health professionals at ACH/UAMS only.
- Books and audiovisuals: Books circulate for two (2) weeks and board review DVD's and CD's circulate for 3 days. They may be renewed in person or by phone. There is a maximum of two renewals per item.
- Journals: Articles may be photocopied for personal use. Journals do not circulate.
- Reference materials: These items do not circulate. Overnight check out can be arranged with the Librarian.
2. Family Resource Library Materials circulate among ACH patients and families only.
3. Interlibrary Loan Policy and Procedure
- Interlibrary loan service is provided for ACH physicians, residents and staff.