Resources for Patients and Families
Millennium is the UAMS/ACH Library catalog of books, magazines and DVD's. ACH books, magazines and DVD's may be borrowed from the ACH Library by patients' families.
Learning Disability Resource Library: Information and online resources regarding learning disabilities in children.
Health Reference Center Database: A collection of books, journal articles and pamphlets available on all ACH networked computers.
Rare Diseases Database from NORD: Pamphlets on genetic and rare diseases available on all ACH networked computers.
Parenting Information Handouts: Parenting pamphlets available in English and Spanish.
Merck Manual - Home Edition : Bestselling reference book with disease and treatment descriptions.
Medline Plus Health Information : Pamphlets plus links to related Medline articles.
Books and Videos list: Books and DVD's are searchable on ACH/UAMS Catalog.
AAFP handouts: Produced by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Consumer Health Complete - Full text for more than 200 health reference books and encyclopedias, including:
- American Medical Association Complete Medical Encyclopedia
- American Medical Association Family Medical Guide
- Columbia University Children's Medical Guide
- Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2010
- Cornell Illustrated Encyclopedia of Health
- Houghton Mifflin Patient's Guide to Medical Tests
- Mayo Clinic Family Health Book
- Mayo Clinic Guide to Women's Cancers
- Oxford Handbook on Child Nutrition
- Oxford Illustrated Companion to Medicine
- Royal Society for Medical Health Encyclopedia
- and many more
Available on all ACH networked computers. Please call the ACH Library for off-campus access, 364-1801.
Health Source - Consumer Edition: This resource provides access to nearly 80 full-text, consumer health magazines, including
American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Fit Pregnancy, Harvard Health Letter, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and many others. Available on all ACH networked computers, please call the ACH Library for off-campus access, 364-1801.
Congenital Heart Information Network : Links to defect/syndrome, grief /bereavement, insurance, and transplant resources sites.
Spanish Patient Education Materials: Pamphlets in both English and Spanish from government agencies, hospitals and other organizations.