Q. Who needs to take CPR?
- Anyone who wants to take the course
- Any caretaker whose baby has been on the ventilator or who is going home on oxygen with a home monitor. Include anyone who is going to care for the baby.
- Any family and caretakers whose baby has a tracheostomy.
Q. How do we register for the course?
- The secretary can give you the sign up book
Q. Do I need anything before the course?
- There is a booklet to read that you can get from your nurse or the secretary at the desk.
Q. How long does the course take?
- Usually 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the number of people in the class
Q. What will I learn during the course?
Q. Will I get a certificate?
- Everything necessary to help your baby if they stop breathing or their heart stops beating. You will also learn what to do if the baby is choking.
- No. To be certified you must take a complete course offered by the American Heart Association.