Car Seat Safety for Tiny Babies
Small infant-only car seats fit many preemies well. This kind can be easy to use and easy to carry.
Look for these features:
- A low weight limit to match your baby's weight. Many car seats are limited to babies 5 pounds or more, but some start at 4 pounds or birth.
- A 5-point harness (shoulder, hip, and crotch straps) to keep baby in position best.
- A front harness adjuster which is easy to use on every ride.
- Low shoulder strap position will help make sure the harness fits well.
- A harness chest clip that is easy to open and close.
- Level (recline) guides that are easy to see and understand.
- A level adjuster that is easy to use to change the tilt of the car seat. Look for an adjuster that has many positions.