Chaplain and Pastoral Care
The chaplains in the Pastoral Care Department are here to assist all patients and their families from any faith background with religious and spiritual needs.
A chaplain is available to serve you through:
- Providing Spiritual resources
- Contacting your local church or pastor.
- Setting up a visit from a minister/representative from your faith community such as a pastor, Roman Catholic priest, a Jewish rabbi, a Muslim imam, etc.
- Listening to your concerns.
- Meeting with you for prayer.
- A chaplain is either in the hospital or on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may call a chaplain or have a nurse call a chaplain for you at any time.
- Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Office Location: Second floor, between the chapel and the Capitol Café
- After Hours: Have a nurse or the hospital operator contact a chaplain for you.
- Phone: 501-364-1824 (in-house: 41824)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Quiet and Prayer
- The Pamela Friday Freeman Chapel is located on the second floor near the Capital Café. It is open 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week for patients, families, and staff.
- A prayer journal is available in the chapel for you to share prayer concerns. A chaplain will look at the journal daily and pray for your request.
- A Prayer Request Card is also available from a chaplain or in our chapel to add your name to the Prayer List which is distributed to local congregations weekly.
- Devotionals are held Monday – Friday at 9:30 a.m., in the Pamela Friday Freeman Chapel. (Devotionals may be cancelled without notice if the chaplain is needed somewhere else in the hospital.)