As the only level Pediatric I Trauma Center in the State of Arkansas, Children's offers 24 hour / 7 day a week care to not just the children of Arkansas but to the five surrounding states. The hospital offers a systematic approach to ensure optimum and consistent care of every injured child.
Using the team approach, the trauma service (physicians, nursing staff, social workers, child life, pastoral care, occupational, physical, recreation, respiratory and speech therapy) works together to provide comprehensive holistic care to trauma victims. The trauma service also provides injury prevention and outreach educational activities. To further meet the needs of patients once their hospital stay had concluded, there is a specialized clinic to the follow up of injured patients.
• American College of Surgeons designated Level 1 Trauma Center and only Pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center in the State of Arkansas
• 24/7 care to not just the children of Arkansas but to five surrounding states
• ACH offers a systematic approach to ensure optimum and consistent care of every injured child
• Trauma service consists of multiple surgical and medical specialties to include: pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, ENT, oral and maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery, burn, urology, rehabilitation, critical care medicine, ophthalmology, cardiothoracic surgery and many more
• A specialized weekly clinic to meet the needs of the multisystem trauma patients
• Works closely with the Injury Prevention Center to identify trends and offer specific education to populations in need
R. Todd Maxson, MD