Patient & Family Wishlist
Not a lot of time to donate? No problem! In-kind donations are always welcome. We have wish lists available below for suggested donations - family packs/toiletry items are always in need.
Patient & Family Wishlist
Wishlist for Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy
Being in the hospital and undergoing rehabilitation isn't always fun, so we use toys to make healing fun! Treating about 15,000 patients a year means we go through A LOT of toys. We can always use:
- Light up toys (battery-operated)
- Games (Connect 4, Trouble, Don't Break the Ice, Tic Tac Toe, etc.)
- Card games (UNO, Go Fish, regular playing cards)
- Infant pop beads (plastic)
- Small bean bags for throwing (that can be easily cleaned - not cloth)
- Toys for the therapy pool
- Plastic hockey sticks and pucks for kids
- Playground sized balls
- Beach balls
- Craft supplies: construction paper, markers, crayons, finger paint, water colors, etc.
- Play cash register and pretend money
- Plastic animals (farm or zoo animals)
Family Packs, Snacks and Waiting Area Items Needed
Are you looking for a project for your group or organization? As we care for our patients here at ACH, we also care for their families! Many of the families here have unexpected stays. We have a need for "family packs". A family pack is a Ziploc bag (7-8 inches or 1 quart) full of small toiletries and personal hygiene items. Individual toiletry items can also be used (not packaged together). Travel size items are desired for convenience:
- Body wash
- Small sewing kits
- Small writing tablets and ink pens
- Individual ethnic hair care items are also a need - shampoo, hair and scalp conditioner, oil moisturizer, oil sheen spray, and styling gel.
As many of our families have unexpected or long stays in our waiting areas, the following items can make a difference in their comfort:
- Phone chargers (especially for iPhones)
- Individually wrapped snack items (chips, crackers, cookies, soup-on-the-go, fruit cups, granola bars, etc.)
- Individually wrapped breakfast items (honey buns, pastries, muffins, etc.)
- Single coffee packets, hot tea bags and hot chocolate
- Crossword puzzles and word searches
- Card games/adult board games.
These items are provided to our parents and caregivers who have a need for them during their hospital stay. If you would like to donate these items, please email or call our office for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-364-1825).
Items Needed for ACH's Heart Center
Our Heart Center here at Arkansas Children's Hospital treats a variety of ages of patients here for an extended amount of time. Listed below are the items that our families often need. If you are interested in donating items to help these patients and families, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or by calling 501-364-1825 for more details.
- Wal-Mart/Target/Walgreens/Kroger gift cards
- Caregiver Tote Bags with toiletries (larger size), shower shoes, variety of things listed below
- Food/Snacks for waiting room
- Phone cards with minutes for "pay as you go" cell phones
- Baby Laundry Detergent (for high efficiency washers) - Dreft, "Free & Clear", etc - for families who are washing receiving blankets, socks, and clothing for patients
- Crossword, Sudoku, Word Search books
- Paperback books & children's books/activities for families/visitors in the waiting room
- Plastic storage bins/totes for families to keep items in the waiting room
- Sleep Masks/Ear Plugs for parents sleeping in the waiting room
- Sleep socks/shower shoes/slippers
- Egg crate mattress pads for new moms who are sleeping in the waiting room
Items Needed for ACH's Burn Center
Many of our Burn Center patients have long stays here at ACH. Your group or organization can help make their stay a little more comfortable by providing certain supplies! Our Burn Center treats both adult and pediatric patients, so we need activities to occupy a wide age-range of patients. Toiletry items (soaps, lotions, etc.), DVDs, portable CD players, music CDs, phone cards, pajamas (preferably button-down), robes, and slippers can help make a patient's stay more comfortable.
Scarves, hats, gloves, and even picture frames make great gifts for these patients as well.
Right now we are in need of cotton button-down pajamas for our adult patients. Please contact Volunteer Services (firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-364-1825) with any questions.
Clothing Needed for Emergency Department
Many times children in our Emergency Department have been involved in an accident or other event and need comfortable, non-binding clothing to go home in. Your group or organization can help supply us with these clothing items!
We are in need of shorts, solid-colored T-shirts, sweatpants and sweatshirts (child and adult sizes, neutral colors for boys and girls). Please contact Volunteer Services (email@example.com or 501-364-1825) with any questions!