In-Kind Donation Guidelines
Your gifts of new toys, handmade items and other new gifts can go a long way toward brightening a hospital stay. Because our patients are limited by infection control and safety concerns, selecting gifts may be difficult. The Volunteer Services and Child Life staff developed a wish list to ensure the health and safety of our patients (please note that all donations must be new and in original packaging). If you have any concerns or questions, contact Volunteer Services at 501-364-1825 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Steps for donating an in-kind donation to ACH:
- Print the donation form.
- Complete all requested information on the donation form.
- Bring the completed donation form to ACH with your donation (please note the below guidelines - donors cannot label items with identifying donor contact information).
Guidelines for Donating Toys and Gifts & Donation Suggestions
- Donations should be brought to the Volunteer Services department at Arkansas Children's Hospital, 1 Children's Way in Little Rock. The Admissions/Welcome desk will accept all donations outside of business hours. If you are unable to drop off your donation, please mail it to Arkansas Children's Hospital, Attn: Volunteer Services, 1 Children's Way, Little Rock, AR 72202.
- We are unable to allow donors to deliver gifts directly to patients due to issues regarding patient confidentiality, infection control and security.
- Due to infection control guidelines, all donated items must be new and free from odors that might violate infection control policies. We are unable to accept items that are religious in nature.
- Due to safety regulations and our no-solicitation policy, we are unable to accept any items that are gift-wrapped or labeled with identifying donor contact information.
- Because many of our patients are on special diet requirements, it is not possible to donate food for our patients. However, Volunteer Services will accept donations of food for family waiting areas.
- Make your donation count! All items donated are inspected prior to distribution to our patients. Items not meeting our guidelines are redirected to another charity or discarded.