The ACH Junior Volunteer Program introduces high school students (ages 14-18) to the world of volunteering and health care careers. Junior volunteers gain new skills, meet new people, and help make a difference in the community!
Summer 2016 Program Information
The Summer 2016 program is full and closed.
The Summer Junior Volunteer program deadline is April 1, 2016. We encourage you to submit completed applications as early as possible, as positions are limited. After submitting the application, if the volunteer is selected to move forward, an interview with the applicant and parent/guardian is required.
If you are able to answer yes to the following questions, you may complete an online application beginning February 1st:
- Will you be at least 14 by April 1st?
- Are you able to volunteer Monday through Friday for your assigned shift?
- Are you able to commit to a mandatory orientation and training (held on the first day of your session)?
- Will you be able to complete the program requirements/application?
- Complete an online volunteer application, which includes:
- uploading documentation of a current TB skin test
- uploading two reference forms
- uploading other signed documents, including our rules and regulations form
During the summer program, Junior Volunteers come in for a half day of service (Monday through Friday). Three 2-week sessions are available for the summer:
Session 1: June 6-17
Session 2: June 20-July 1
Session 3: July 11-22
Other Ways to Help
If you that cannot commit to coming to ACH to volunteer, you can help with special projects off-campus. Click here to read about ways you can help. Helping with off-campus special projects is an excellent way to get service hours or to get your school or club involved.
Can’t participate in our summer Junior Volunteer program? Are you interested in learning more about computer programming and design? Join Arkansas Children’s Hospital programmers in the Systems Development Group for Camp WannaCode – a camp designed for students (ages 14-18) who are interested in computer programming and design. Visit campwannacode.com for more information.