The Arkansas Children's Code of Conduct applies to the entire AC team, which includes everyone who works for or on behalf of Arkansas Children’s or any of its subsidiaries and all who serve in any capacity on an AC campus or in an AC facility. To the best of our ability:
1. We are committed to the ethical treatment of those to whom we have an obligation. Our commitment to the highest ethical standards extends to our patients and their families, our team, professional staff, students, donors, government and private payers, vendors, volunteers, and community.
2. We obey the law. We ask questions if we are unsure about our legal and regulatory responsibilities. We appropriately report any suspected wrongdoing and cooperate with investigations.
3. We work safely. Safety is a core value at Arkansas Children’s. We follow the most current health guidelines to protect our team, patients, and the community, and we are committed to a drug free workplace. To prevent errors and improve care, we report safety concerns and engage in problem-solving and process improvement.
4. We promote a positive work environment. We celebrate diversity and treat one another with dignity and respect. We strictly prohibit harassment or discrimination of any kind. We do not tolerate incivility, bullying, intimidation, disruptive behavior, or any other behavior that could undermine our culture of safety.
5. We safeguard the privacy rights of our patients, their families, and employees. Our commitment to excellence includes protecting the privacy of personal, medical, and financial information. Each of us has a responsibility to maintain confidentiality and safeguard confidential patient and employee information.
6. We use our organization's assets wisely. The community has entrusted assets to us to support children's health. We protect, invest, and use these assets to achieve the mission of Arkansas Children’s.
7. We keep accurate and complete records. Records about patients and their care, the AC team, research, billing, and financial transactions are thorough, truthful, and in full compliance with all laws, regulations, and professional standards.
8. We avoid conflicts of interest. We are committed to integrity in all business decisions. We avoid taking part in any decision where we have a self-interest in the outcome or where we have a personal interest that influences or appears to influence our ability to make objective decisions for our organization and the community we serve.
9. We do not give or accept improper gifts, favors, or benefits. We follow the law and do the right thing, holding ourselves to strict guidelines on acceptable gifts, solicitations, and discounts.
10. We make use of the reporting systems when we observe or suspect that this Code is not being honored. Reports can be made directly to the Compliance Department or through the Compliance Hotline (online or 877-384-4275).
11. We follow through on all compliance complaints. All complaints are investigated. If we confirm a violation of this Code of Conduct, we take corrective action according to AC policies and procedures.
12. We follow all Arkansas Children’s policies/procedures/regulations/rules. We are responsible for knowing and abiding by the policies, procedures, regulations, and rules that apply to us and the area in which we work.