Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center is investigating how body type and physical activity affects the way blood cells behave in children. We are looking for kids ages 8-10 years old at all activity levels to participate in a variety of physical activity tests and questionnaires.
- Some of the tests we do include strength, flexibility, lung function, fitness, resting energy expenditure, as well as body composition measurements.
- During the physical activity tests we encourage your child to push themselves to really show their level of endurance.
- We will also do a blood draw, and collect stool, saliva, and urine samples.
- Next we have you complete questionnaires about the child’s activity level, eating habits, and other areas of interest.
- Finally, we will have the kids wear an activity monitor on their wrist for up to 8 days.
The visit at the center will take up to 8 hours and total compensation is $150. Participants will be provided with a $75 gift card after the in person study visit, and a $75 will be sent through the mail after all study materials have been returned.
- Healthy 8-10 year old kids of all body types and physical activity levels