Volunteer at Arkansas Children's Northwest
We ask all adult volunteers to commit to one three-hour shift per week, at the same day and time, for a minimum of three months. Weekday, evening and weekend shifts are available in most patient care areas.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide two current 2-step TB (Tuberculosis) skin tests
- Provide proof of current Tdap vaccine (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) within the past ten years
- Provide proof of a current flu shot (October - March)
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Attend hospital volunteer orientation and interview with Volunteer Engagement staff
- Adhere to all Arkansas Children’s policies and procedures
- Submit an application online
Arkansas Children’s volunteers are carefully screened, processed and placed in appropriate assignments in patient care areas, as well as non-patient care areas. The process for becoming an Arkansas Children’s volunteer takes time, but it is meant to ensure the safety of patients and families as well as the success of our volunteers.
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Engagement Office volunteerACNW@archildrens.org or 479-725-6986.
Become a Volunteer at ACNW
Help make a tremendous difference in the lives of our patients.Apply Now
Summer 2023 Program Information
The ACNW Summer Junior Volunteer Program is a 10-week service and educational program from June 6th – August 11th. Volunteers will serve one 3-hour shift each week and attend an educational opportunity every Friday.
Who is this program for? High School students entering their Junior or Senior year
Dates: June 6, 2023 – August 11, 2023
Students will choose one weekly shift from the following options:
- Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Time Slots: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM or 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Each Friday, students will also attend a 2-hour educational opportunity including specialized tours, panel discussions and Q&A sessions with various hospital leaders.
At the end of the program, students will be awarded up to 50 service hours.
ACNW Summer Junior Volunteers may apply now. On the application, please select Junior Volunteer on the “Areas of Interest” section.
- Application Deadline: April 27th
- Virtual Interview Dates: May 1st – 5th
- Decisions Released: May 9th
- Mandatory Orientation: June 6th 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
After acceptance, applicants will work with the Volunteer Engagement and Occupational Health offices to provide proof of: A TB skin test or T.Spot (blood) test, COVID Vaccine + Booster Vaccine, if eligible, Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccine.) Volunteers who are 18 will also be subject to a background check
Questions about the Junior Volunteer Program?
We have great opportunities available for organizations and groups who are interested in volunteering at Arkansas Children’s Northwest. Click here for more information or contact the Volunteer Engagement office at volunteerACNW@archildrens.org or 479-725-6986.