The goal of this research study is to examine how effective a personalized, interactive asthma smartphone app in reducing asthma disease among adolescents age 12-20 years, who are at greater risk for future asthma attacks. The study will also look at the impact of sharing asthma-related information from the smartphone app with the primary care provider (PCP) on outcomes.
- To take part in this research study the child must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 20 years
- Be able to read and speak English
- Have persistent asthma that is not well controlled
- Be prescribed a controller asthma medication in the past 6 months
- Have access to a smartphone (Android or iPhone) with a data plan compatible with the study app or have a computer with reliable internet connection
Dr. Tamara Perry