Observers at Arkansas Children's Hospital are expected to maintain an appearance of professionalism by following these guidelines.
- Appropriate clothing includes pants/slacks, long skirts, dresses, blouses/shirts, and closed-toed shoes. Inappropriate clothing includes jeans, shorts, mini-skirts, tank-tops and sandals/flip-flops.
- All clothing must be appropriately fitted so you do not reveal skin when bending or reaching. Please do not wear clothes that inappropriately expose skin, including midriff tops and shirts with low necklines.
- Aside from earrings, jewelry may not be worn in any visible body piercing.
- Please do not use perfume, cologne or aftershave as patients may be sensitive to such products.
- Please do not chew gum and remember that Arkansas Children's Hospital is a smoke-free campus - therefore, use of tobacco products is prohibited.
- During your job shadowing experience, you will not need a purse, backpack, mobile phone or MP3 player. Please lock all of these items in the trunk of your car or leave them at home.