- Palliative Care means helping the patient and family have a good life no matter how long life will be
- Palliative Care is not hospice
- Patients and families do not lose any treatment options when receiving Palliative Care services
- Patients do not have to make any advance care plans in order to receive Palliative Care services
- Palliative Care involvement and support is available for as long as needed and can also be stopped at any time at the patient and family's request
- The doctors and treatment teams who follow a patient continue to follow a patient after Palliative Care joins the treatment team
A Palliative Care team member is available by phone 24 hours daily at 501-364-6658 or call the ACH Operator at 501-364-1100 and ask that the Palliative Care team member on-call be paged.