Researchers at UAMS and Arkansas Children’s The SUNBEAM study aims to
identify prenatal and early childhood markers of high risk for food allergy and atopic dermatitis, or
eczema, as well as biological pathways that lead to these conditions. The observational study of children
from birth to age 3 years will examine the origins of allergic disease.
Participation Will Involve:
- Clinic visits several times over three years to monitor the development of allergies
- Sample collection (blood, urine, hair, stool, skin tapes and swabs, saliva, cord blood and nasal
swabs; mother only: vaginal swabs and breast milk)
- Questionnaires related to your child’s health, diet, and environment
To participate in the study, you must
- Be a Pregnant Mother at any point during your pregnancy and willing to enroll your child at birth.
- Plan to deliver at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science (UAMS).
- Biological Fathers may also participate, but their participation is not required.
Contact Information: For more information, call 501-364-3031 or email ACHAllergyResearch@archildrens.org